This walk takes you to the heart of Manipur’s capital. It winds through the historic Mapal Kangjeibung, the incredibly atmospheric Khwairamband Keithel, the lively lanes of Paona Bazar and the serene Kangla Fort, among others. Along the walk you will catch a glimpse of life in Manipur and its many communities. We hope what you will find most rewarding is the opportunity to discover one of the most uncharted cities in India.
Duration of the walk: 3 hours
Morning timing: 8 am to 11 am Afternoon timing: 1 pm to 4 pm
Meeting point: In front of the Western gate of the Kangla Fort
End point: Same as meeting point
Price: INR 2000 per person inclusive of entry fee and water
(Contact us for other pricing options if you are a group of 3 people or more)
- All registrations for the walk should be done at least 2 days before the walk. Please contact us to register yourself.
- The walk will be conducted even with one client. In fact, he/ she is lucky in such a case.
- The Kangla Fort is closed on Mondays and state holidays. However, we are happy to do the walk without the Kangla, if you are okay with it.
- Rain or shine, we love doing our walk. Please come prepared.
- Payments can be done online at the time of registration or by cash at the end of the walk.
Write to us or call us for any questions about the above walk. Let us know if you wish to see and experience the other interesting aspects of Manipur viz. Manipuri culture, Manipur Sangai Festival, Battle of Imphal, tribal culture, Shirui Festival, Dzuko Valley trekking, dances, traditional games, Lai Haraoba etc.